Short breaks available
Nestled amongst the beautiful Kea plum orchards unique to this unspoiled part of Cornwall lies Turn-a-Penny; a magical bolt hole where you can indulge in serene water views (even from your bath tub!).
This really is a special part of Cornwall, where wild orchards meet the waters edge. Creekside views greet you from every room, and the comforting crackle and warmth from the wood burning stove make it a magical and intimate escape all year round.
The double bedroom is the ultimate casual luxury. Both the cosy living and dining rooms make the most of the spectacular views and offer every convenience as you’d expect. The modern kitchen is fully equipped for self catering, and we can arrange for a hamper of delicious goodies to be waiting for you on arrival.
- Sleeps 2
- Dog Friendly
- Superfast Broadband
- Private Parking
- Sleeps 2. Dog friendly.
- Ground floor: Separate living and dining rooms, fully equipped modern kitchen.
- First floor: Bedroom with king sized bed with separate bathroom with roll-top bath and separate walk-in shower.
- Outside: Large garden with mature apple trees. Portable BBQ provided in the spring and summer
Facilities & Services
- Heating is via central heating and a cosy log burning stove in the living room.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and has a range of modern equipment including an espresso machine. There is an electric oven and hob, kettle, toaster, under counter fridge, under counter freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- In the sitting room there is a flat screen digital TV with Freeview and DVD player with a second TV in the bedroom. Music system with CD, Radio and iPod docking station. Complimentary Wi-Fi broadband is provided with wireless access and a telephone for local and incoming calls.
- Also onsite alarm clocks, diverse book and DVD collection, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wellington boots, umbrellas, binoculars, walking sticks, board games, cot and high chair.
- Electricity, heating, a basket of logs, basic cleaning items, bed linen and towels are all included but you will need to provide your own beach towels.
- Free parking available. Regrettably no smoking is allowed. Up to 2 dogs are welcome at a small additional charge.
- Please note: access to the property is through a farm yard and along a levelled but unmade farm track.
- A welcome pack is provided in the cottage for your arrival. Also available as an extra is a very special hamper selection of Tregothnan produce including Kea plum jam, Tregothnan House Keeper’s Biscuits and a collection of Tregothnan’s unique English teas for £30.
- Also available is a stunning private visit of the Tregothnan Gardens at £65 per person. This visit is very special as the gardens are rarely open to the general public. Your visit lasts around 2 hours and concludes with a Tregothnan cream tea in the 19th century summer house. It is a very special treat!
The little extras
- We know that your holiday is so important to you, and it’s often the little things that make it really special and memorable. We can arrange anything you require including transport, a dining and foraging experience with Hungry Boy Thom Hunt (at £99 per person), tea plantation tours, restaurant bookings, boat hire, flowers and champagne on arrival, private dining…or anything else you require. Nothing is too much trouble – we are here to make your stay unforgettable.
General Booking Information
- Arrival / Departure is normally on a Saturday. Short breaks are available during quieter periods. £100 pre-authorised to your credit or debit card as a security deposit is required.