The original Wild Escape, our Cornish holiday cottage Bethel, is one of those cottages you just dream about.
In the beautiful riverside setting of Coombe, surrounded by rolling countryside, this is the perfect peaceful retreat for those looking for a complete getaway. Watch the wildlife on the incoming tide from your bedroom window, wander along the creekside path through unique plum orchards, or in the winter relax beside the cosy woodburning stove. The quintessential Cornish holiday cottage Bethel is only 10 minutes’ drive from Truro with its superb shops & restaurants.
Bethel Cottage is a rustic but refined traditional Cornish cottage with a cosy character. The bedrooms have wonderful views over the creek and there is an incredibly relaxing bathroom with a free standing slipper bath from which you can enjoy views! The cottage is surrounded by farmland with only 2 other Wild Escape cottages nearby (about 150 yards).
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Dog Friendly
- Superfast Broadband
- Private Parking
- Sleeps 4. Dog friendly.
- Ground floor: Lounge, kitchen/diner, boot room.
- First floor: Two double bedrooms, shower room with WC, bathroom with free standing slipper bath & WC.
- Outside: Enclosed garden with mature apple trees, surrounded by our unique Kea plum trees. Portable BBQ provided in the spring and summer months. Private off road parking.
Facilities & Services
- Electric central heating throughout with cosy wood burning stoves in both the sitting room and kitchen/diner.
- Fitted kitchen with modern appliances – fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle, hob, single oven, dishwasher, washing machine and espresso machine.
- In the sitting room there is a flat screen digital TV with Freeview and DVD player with additional TVs in both bedrooms. Music system with Iphone docking station.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi broadband is provided with wireless access and a telephone for local and incoming calls.
- Also onsite alarm clocks, diverse book and DVD collection, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wellington boots, umbrellas, binoculars, walking sticks, board games, cot and high chair.
- Electricity, heating, a basket of logs, basic cleaning items, bed linen and towels are all included but you will need to provide your own beach towels.
- Free parking available. Regrettably no smoking is allowed. Up to 2 dogs are welcome at a small additional charge.
- Please note:access to the property is through a farm yard and along a levelled but unmade farm track.
- A welcome pack is provided in the cottage for your arrival. Also available as an extra is a very special hamper selection of Tregothnan produce including Kea plum jam, Tregothnan House Keeper’s Biscuits and a collection of Tregothnan’s unique English teas for £30.
- Also available is a stunning private visit of the Tregothnan Gardens at £65 per person. This visit is very special as the gardens are rarely open to the general public. Your visit lasts around 2 hours and concludes with a Tregothnan cream tea in the 19th century summer house. It is a very special treat!
The little extras
- We know that your holiday is so important to you, and it’s often the little things that make it really special and memorable. We can arrange anything you require including transport, a dining and foraging experience with Hungry Boy Thom Hunt (at £99 per person), tea plantation tours, restaurant bookings, boat hire, flowers and champagne on arrival, private dining…or anything else you require. Nothing is too much trouble – we are here to make your stay unforgettable.
General Booking Information
- Arrival / Departure is normally on a Saturday. Short breaks are available during quieter periods. £100 pre-authorised to your credit or debit card as a security deposit is required.