Experience a bygone era and come and stay in our luxurious Tregothnan Shepherd’s Hut.
Nestled by “Riverside” with views over the Fal Estuary, this is a true Wild Escape – perfect if you want to leave your modern world behind for the ultimate getaway.
A traditional shepherd’s hut from the outside and an indulgent retreat inside – with sumptuous soft furnishings and traditional finishes, it is like no other. Within this bespoke craftsman-built shelter is a romantic bed alcove with a sofa/double bed, kitchen and dining area along with your own private bathroom hut & outside space including off road car parking.
Our shepherd’s huts have been designed and built to exacting standards by Tony Brown, who has lived on the Tregothnan Estate for many years. His business came into being purely by chance. A builder by trade, he has constructed many eco projects, including a straw bale house. So when his partner said that it would be nice to have a shepherd’s hut to practice playing her music in, Tony decided that he would build her one himself. With no plans but memories from the film ‘Far From The Madding Crowd,’ Tony built the most beautiful hideaway.
We would now like to share our special sanctuary which reflects times gone by. Sleeping in our unique shepherd’s hut is one of the most unforgetable experiences you will ever have…
- Sleeps 2
- Studio bedroom
- Separate bathroom hut
- Dog Friendly
- Superfast Broadband
- Private Parking
Our unique Shepherds Hut has a sleeping area, dining area and small kitchen along with its own private bathroom hut – an ideal private space while still having all the facilities you need.
- Double bed which turns into a sofa.
- Kitchen area with sink, hot water kettle, toaster, microwave, mini fridge/freezer & tabletop hob.
- Dining table & 2 chairs.
- Cosy wood burning stove (basket of logs included, then seasoned wood can be purchased or collected from the hedgerows for free!).
- Exclusive bathroom hut with shower, basin, toilet & heated towel rail.
- Outside dining area with a traditional Kadai firepit.
- Seating area with tranquil views.
- Fruit trees for you to harvest, including red currants and apple trees.
- Off road car parking.
- A welcome pack is provided in the cottage for your arrival. Also available as an extra is a very special hamper selection of Tregothnan produce including Kea plum jam, Tregothnan House Keeper’s Biscuits and a collection of Tregothnan’s unique English teas for £70.
- To experience Tregothnan click through to https://tregothnan.co.uk/experiences/
The little extras
- We know that your holiday is so important to you, and it’s often the little things that make it really special and memorable. We can arrange anything you require including transport, a dining and foraging experience with Hungry Boy Thom Hunt (from £99 per person), tea plantation tours, restaurant bookings, boat hire, flowers and champagne on arrival, private dining…or anything else you require. Nothing is too much trouble – we are here to make your stay unforgettable.
General Booking Information
- From 2022 arrival / departure is normally on a Friday. Short breaks are available during quieter periods.