Imagine a picture-perfect stone cottage full of Cornish character, nestled in a tranquil waterside location on the beautiful River Fal. Riverside Cottage is the perfect holiday location for your relaxing getaway to Cornwall, located in the idyllic village of Coombe but just a few miles from the cathedral city of Truro.
Follow the waterside footpaths to explore this enchanting corner of Cornwall before relaxing in front of the crackling wood burning stove. Enjoy serene river views from every room.
The Riverside site can sleep up to 4 (2 in the cottage and 2 in the Shepherds Hut) prices from an extra £79 per night subject to season and based on a minimum stay when booked with Riverside or another Tregothnan Wild Escape in the Coombe collection.
- Sleeps 2
- Superfast Broadband
- Dog Friendly
- Private Parking
- Sleeps 2. Dog friendly. The Riverside site can sleep up to 4 (2 in cottage and 2 in the Shepherds Hut) at an extra £79 per night.
- Ground floor: Cosy living room with wood burning stove and river views. Fully equipped kitchen diner. Access to the enclosed garden.
- First floor: Bedroom with king sized bed and amazing river views. Bathroom with roll top bath overlooking the river, separate walk-in shower.
- Outside: Large enclosed garden with mature apple trees. Portable BBQ provided in the spring and summer months.
Facilities & Services
- Heating is via central heating and a homely log burning stove in the living room.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and has a range of modern equipment including an espresso machine. There is an electric oven and hob, kettle, toaster, under counter fridge with small compartment freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- In the sitting room there is a flat screen digital TV with Freeview and DVD player. Music system with CD, Radio and IPod docking station. Complimentary Wi-Fi broadband is provided with wireless access and a telephone for local and incoming calls.
- Also onsite alarm clocks, diverse book and DVD collection, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wellington boots, umbrellas, binoculars, walking sticks, board games, cot and high chair.
- Electricity, heating, a basket of logs, basic cleaning items, bed linen and towels are all included but you will need to provide your own beach towels.
- Free parking available. Regrettably, no smoking is allowed. Up to 2 dogs are welcome at a small additional charge.
- A welcome pack is provided in the cottage for your arrival. Also available as an extra is a very special hamper selection of Tregothnan produce including Kea plum jam, Tregothnan House Keeper’s Biscuits and a collection of Tregothnan’s unique English teas for £30.
- Also available is a stunning private visit of the Tregothnan Gardens at £65 per person. This visit is very special as the gardens are rarely open to the general public. Your visit lasts around 2 hours and concludes with a Tregothnan cream tea in the 19th century summer house. It is a very special treat!
The little extras
- We know that your holiday is so important to you, and it’s often the little things that make it really special and memorable. We can arrange anything you require including transport, a dining and foraging experience with Hungry Boy Thom Hunt (at £99 per person), tea plantation tours, restaurant bookings, boat hire, flowers and champagne on arrival, private dining…or anything else you require. Nothing is too much trouble – we are here to make your stay unforgettable.
General Booking Information
- Arrival / Departure is normally on a Saturday. Short breaks are available during quieter periods. £100 pre-authorised to your credit or debit card as a security deposit is required.