Cornwall Breaks for Couples
Nestled amongst the beautiful Kea plum orchards unique to this unspoiled part of Cornwall lies Pencreek; a magical bolt hole where you can indulge in casual luxury and serene water views. Offering relaxing Cornwall breaks for couples, Pencreek is the most romantic cottage in the Wild Escapes collection – a perfectly cosy retreat for two, tucked away in the furthest corner of Coombe. You can even turn off the superfast wifi to completely concentrate on unwinding together!
Pencreek is dog friendly, so you can make sure your four-legged friends are happily included on your luxury Cornish getaway.
This really is an unrivalled part of Cornwall, where wild orchards meet the water’s edge. River views greet you from every room, and the comforting crackle and warmth from the wood burning stove make it a magical and intimate escape all year round.
The double bedroom is the last word in casual luxury and boasts a modern open plan bathroom complete with romantic roll-top bath. Enjoy peaceful river views from the bath whilst still in complete privacy! The light and airy open plan living and dining rooms make the most of the spectacular views and offer every convenience as you’d expect. The modern kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering, and we can arrange for a hamper of delicious goodies to be waiting for you on arrival.
If you’re looking for slightly more adventurous Cornwall breaks for couples, you could cosy up together in our fully equipped Shepherd’s Hut- click here for further details.
- Sleeps 2
- Dog Friendly
- Superfast Broadband
- Private Parking
- Sleeps 2. Dog friendly.
- Ground floor: Open plan living and dining room, fully equipped modern kitchen.
- First floor: Bedroom with king sized bed with open plan bathroom and roll-top bath, separate walk-in shower.
- Outside: Garden with mature apple trees, surrounded by our unique Kea plum trees. Portable BBQ provided in the spring and summer months. Private parking.
Facilities & Services
- Heating is via central heating and a cosy log burning stove in the lounge.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and has a range of modern equipment including an espresso machine. There is an electric oven and hob, kettle, toaster, under counter fridge with small compartment freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- In the sitting room there is a flat screen digital TV with Freeview and DVD player with a second TV in the bedroom. Music system with CD, Radio & IPod docking station. Complimentary Wi-Fi broadband is provided with wireless access and a telephone for local and incoming calls.
- Also onsite alarm clocks, diverse book and DVD collection, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wellington boots, umbrellas, binoculars, walking sticks, board games, cot and high chair.
- Electricity, heating, a basket of logs, basic cleaning items, bed linen and towels are all included but you will need to provide your own beach towels.
- Free parking available. Regrettably no smoking is allowed. Up to 2 dogs are welcome at a small additional charge.
- Please note: access to the property is through a farm yard and along a levelled but unmade farm track.
- A welcome pack is provided in the cottage for your arrival. Also available as an extra is a very special hamper selection of Tregothnan produce including Kea plum jam, Tregothnan House Keeper’s Biscuits and a collection of Tregothnan’s unique English teas for £70.
- To experience Tregothnan click through to https://tregothnan.co.uk/experiences/
The little extras
- We know that your holiday is so important to you, and it’s often the little things that make it really special and memorable. We can arrange anything you require including transport, a dining and foraging experience with Hungry Boy Thom Hunt (from £99 per person), tea plantation tours, restaurant bookings, boat hire, flowers and champagne on arrival, private dining…or anything else you require. Nothing is too much trouble – we are here to make your stay unforgettable.
General Booking Information
- From 2022 arrival / departure is normally on a Friday. Short breaks are available during quieter periods.