As we head into the spring, with restrictions easing and more of us being able to get out and enjoy our countryside and coasts we thought it would be the right time to continue a topic from a few years back looking at different teas and their benefits.
The ‘goodness’ in all Tregothnan Tea
True teas (black, green, or white teas – made from the Camellia sinensis plant) contains antioxidants, but the levels can vary according to how the plant is processed once picked. Studies indicate that the concentration of antioxidants is greater in white tea, followed by green tea, then black tea, suggesting that the less a leaf is processed, the more of the antioxidants remain.
At Tregothnan we use a traditional rolling technique, with a total bush to cup process length of just 3 days, ensuring Tregothnan teas maintain the highest concentration of antioxidants possible, whichever you choose.
But ‘healthy tea’ does not stop at antioxidants or with the other reported health benefits of tea, such as increased hydration, promotion of normal blood vessel function and management of body weight.
Once you look at the herbal varieties the benefits are wide-ranging. Below we look at a small selection of our herbal blends and how they can help put a spring in your step this April.
New Cold Cure Mint Teas
A new addition and world first, Tregothnan’s supercharged English grown cold cure mint teas are not only homegrown, refreshing, delicious and cleansing, but packed full of benefits to aid a healthy lifestyle:
- A caffeine-free herbal alternative to black and green tea
- Mint aids digestion – perfect as an after-dinner drink
- It May help to treat stomach ailments like IBS or reduce inflammation.
- Hydrating – a flavour-packed alternative to water. Can be cold brewed for even greater thirst-quenching benefits.
- Naturally sweet – a great alternative to sugary, high-calorie drinks.
- Can help to soothe respiratory disorders like colds, flu's, and coughs (especially when combined with honey)
Cornish Grown Manuka Tea
Tregothnan’s signature Manuka Tea is a perfect addition to your daily healthy lifestyle routine, giving you an unrivalled list of health benefits due to the antibacterial nature of the Manuka, or Leptospermum scoparium, plant. Tregothnan has been growing Manuka since the 1880’s helping to showcase it to the world as an ingredient which epitomises the idea of healthy living.
Manuka has been reported to help with the following health benefits:
- Aid wound healing and infection recovery.
- Promote good oral health.
- Soothing a sore throat
- Reduce the occurrence of gastric ulcers.
- Improve digestive health.
- Help to relieve skin conditions acne.
Our Cornish grown Chamomile has been featured on TV and in print extolling its super sweet scent and natural apple flavour. But there is much more than just taste, the Chamomile plant is a great example of a healthy tea with added benefits:
- Caffeine-free – herbal alternative to black and green tea
- Shown to aid relaxation – chamomile is reported to soothe the nervous system and promote better sleep.
- Immune booster – chamomile has a reputation for shortening recovery times and warding off new infections.
- Naturally sweet – the golden brew has virtually no calories but tastes as sweet as the summer, meaning no need to add sweeteners.