Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green Tea is well known for boosting the metabolic rate, and aiding weight loss. It also has many other fantastic qualities that make it a great choice for a daily drink.
- Green Tea helps regulate glucose levels, slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Heart disease; green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping them to stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It can also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Gives you healthy teeth – green tea can kill bacteria, which improves dental health and lowers the risk of infection.
- Green Tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Brain function: green tea improves the brain function in the short term. This is due to the catechin compounds in the tea that have protective effects on neurons. Ongoing studies are also finding that this delays the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.